Over the years, members of the Salem community have donated funds which have built up over time and are used by the Salem Community Foundation to meet the community's charitable needs. The Salem Community Foundation's 2014 Annual Report features the Salem Commuity Center which was established through the generosity of the Ruth Harkins McKeown estate.
Click HERE to read our Annual Report.
TAX DEDUCTIBLE CONTRIBUTIONS MAY BE MAILED TO:
Salem Community Foundation
P.O. Box 553
Salem, Ohio 44460
FUND TYPES OFFERED AT SALEM COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
• Unrestricted Funds - Use is in no way specified by the donor. Such gifts are useful to the Foundation since they afford the Board of Directors the greatest flexibility in meeting needs of the community.
• Restricted Funds - The income is specified for general causes such as educational or cultural programs.
• Designated Funds - A specific charitable organization is designated as beneficiary.
• Donor Directed Funds - The income and/or principal is distributed each year as directed by the donor.
• Memorial Gifts - In order to establish a Fixed Memorial Fund on behalf of, or in the name of individual(s), it is necessary to have one or more contributions aggregating $5,000. When a $25 memorial contribution is made, the name of the deceased, year of birth and death are inscribed in the Book of Memory in the Salem Public Library.