Applications For Financial Assistance Must Be Received By:
March 1, 2018 for the March 22, 2018 Grant Screening Meeting.
June 1, 2018 for the June 28, 2018 Grant Screening Meeting.
Sept. 1, 2018 for the September 27, 2018 Grant Screening Meeting.
Grant applications may be obtained and printed through the above links or by phoning the Salem Community Foundation office, 330-332-4021.
The Salem Community Foundation awards grants to a variety of non-profit organizations, in the Salem City, Perry Township area, that strive to address community problems with innovative solutions. The Foundation makes grants to 501(c)(3) organizations that are currently registered as a State of Ohio charitable organization with the State of Ohio Attorney General's office.
The Salem Community Foundation is interested in funding organizations that can demonstrate that they have planned their projects with respect to the community's overall needs.
Priority is given to projects that:
• Reach a broad segment of the community. Request money for innovative programs aimed at meeting community needs
• Encourage efforts to promote, coordinate, and cooperate with other organizations to provide for more efficient use of community resources and avoid duplication of services
• Assist those citizens whose needs are not met by existing services
• Enhance or improve agency self-sufficiency or efficiency
• Encourage matching gifts from the community, other organizations, or the government
• Reflect a Salem community wide effort. Assist the disadvantaged or disabled population through self-help activities
• Outline a comprehensive plan for continuation with funds other than foundation grants.
The Salem Community Foundation does not, unless designated by the donor, usually make grants:
• To individuals
• For religious purposes
• To support operating budgets of established organizations or programs
• To reduce budget deficits
• For endowments
• For conferences, scholarly research, or projects that are normally the responsibility of the organization.
• To federal agencies
• To an organization which has not yet been determined to be tax-exempt
Salem Community Foundation disbursed $1,504,044 in grants during 2016!