YOUR community foundation disbursed $1,586,336 in grants to 501(c)(3) organizations during 2018!
The Salem Community Foundation is committed to building a strong foundation for our community and making life better for all its citizens. The Foundation makes grants to 501(c)(3) organizations that are currently registered as a State of Ohio charitable organization with the State of Ohio Attorney General's office. Grant applicants must serve people in the Salem area, have an IRS 501(c)(3) designation, and support the areas of arts and humanities, health and human services, public and community services, and education.Grants are provided through endowment funds and support a broad range of needs.
Applications For Financial Assistance Must Be Received By:
September 1, 2019 for the September 26, 2019 Grant Screening Meeting.
December 1, 2019 for the January 2, 2020 Grant Screening Meeting.
The Salem Community Foundation is interested in funding organizations that can demonstrate that they have planned their projects with respect to the community's overall needs.
Priority is given to projects that:
- Reach a broad segment of the community. Request money for innovative programs aimed at meeting community needs
- Encourage efforts to promote, coordinate, and cooperate with other organizations to provide for more efficient use of community resources and avoid duplication of services
- Assist those citizens whose needs are not met by existing services
- Enhance or improve agency self-sufficiency or efficiency
- Encourage matching gifts from the community, other organizations, or the government
- Reflect a Salem community-wide effort. Assist the disadvantaged or disabled population through self-help activities
- Outline a comprehensive plan for continuation with funds other than foundation grants.
- The Salem Community Foundation does not, unless designated by the donor, usually make grants:
• To individuals
• For religious purposes
• To support operating budgets of established organizations or programs
• To reduce budget deficits
• For endowments
• For conferences, scholarly research, or projects that are normally the responsibility of the organization.
• To federal agencies
• To an organization which has not yet been determined to be tax-exempt