Making a Lasting Impact in the Salem Area
The Salem Community Foundation is committed to building a strong foundation for our community and making life better for all its citizens. The Foundation makes grants to 501(c)(3) organizations that are currently registered as a State of Ohio charitable organization with the State of Ohio Attorney General's office. Grant applicants must serve people in the Salem area, have an IRS 501(c)(3) designation, and support the areas of arts and humanities, health and human services, public and community services, and education.Grants are provided through endowment funds and support a broad range of needs.
Applications For Financial Assistance Must Be Received By:
March 1, 2020 for the March 19 Grant Screening Meeting.
June 1, 2020 for the June 25 Grant Screening Meeting.
September 1, 2020 for the September 24 Grant Screening Meeting.
December 1, 2020 for the January 8, 2021 Grant Screening Meeting.
- 1966: Salem Public Library - Cultural Books
- 1978: Salem City Schools - Salem History Books for 3rd Graders
- 2002: City of Salem - Thermal Imaging Camera
- 2018: Salem Community Center - Renovation of the Women's Locker Room
- Salem Historical Society: New trolley, $65,000
- Salem Fire Department: Radios and wireless equipment, $50,000
- Waterworth Memorial Park: New tennis courts and surveillance cameras, $130,000
- Salem Regional Medical Center: Items needed to equip two Oncology Center private rooms, $50,000
- Teacher Assisted Grants: Classroom equipment and teaching aids to Salem City Schools, $20,000
- Banquet in Salem: Meal sponsor, $3,000
- Gym Equipment: Salem City Schools and St. Paul School
- Kitchen Knives and Serving Carts: Banquet in Salem
- Role-Playing Items: Salem Public Library
- Computer Monitor: Salem Police Department
- Quaker Closet Items: Salem High School
- Art Display Boards: Salem High School