The Salem Community Foundation is able to promote philanthropy and charitable giving throughout the Salem area. Donor contributions actively support the long-term solutions and meet the ever-changing social, cultural, and education needs of individuals, families, and nonprofit organizations in our area.
Your charitable giving can assure maximum benefits for you and your charitable interest(s). Please call our office for additional information, 330-332-4021.
Fund Types Offered by the Salem Community Foundation:
- Unrestricted Funds - Use is in no way specified by the donor. Such gifts are useful to the Foundation since they afford the Board of Directors the greatest flexibility in meeting needs of the community.
- Restricted Funds - The income is specified for general causes such as educational or cultural programs.
- Designated Funds - A specific charitable organization is designated as beneficiary.
- Donor Directed Funds - The income and/or principal is distributed each year as directed by the donor.
- Memorial Gifts - In order to establish a Fixed Memorial Fund on behalf of, or in the name of individual(s), it is necessary to have one or more contributions aggregating $5,000. When a $25 memorial contribution is made, the name of the deceased, year of birth and death are inscribed in the Book of Memory in the Salem Public Library.
Tax Deductible Contributions May Be Mailed To:
Salem Community Foundation
PO Box 553
Salem, Ohio 44460
Click HERE for an online form.