The Salem Community Foundation continues to make a lasting impact!
Thank you to all who have helped the Salem Community Foundation
make a difference in our community for more than 50 years.
- Congratulations to Salem's College Students! $98,700 was granted in scholarship dollars for 2020 - 2021 academic year to 46 college students! Scholarship checks.
- At this time, the Salem Community Foundation is not accepting "Applications for Financial Assistance" from local 501(c)(3) organizations. For more information call 330-332-4021.
- Kent State University Salem Campus Students: The Salem Community Foundation Tuition Grant application is now available at https://www.kent.edu/columbiana/salem-community-foundation-tuition-grant. The deadline for the tuition grant is Friday, January 22, 2021!!
- Salem Community Foundation's Newsletter and Annual Report may be viewed on the "Publications" tab. If you would like a copy of these publications, please call the Salem Community Foundation office.
- $40,000 was granted to 20 agencies affiliated with United Way Services of Northern Columbiana County. United Way Services "Fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community"!
- Our community foundation has successfully grown to manage 125 charitable funds and distributed over $60 million dollars in grants to assist a variety of non-profit organizations and fund a successful scholarship program.
- The Salem Community Foundation began with $2,000 and a hope for the future growth of the Salem community. The plan was for the Salem Community Foundation to act as a reservoir in which many small and large contributions and memorial gifts would be pooled and invested.
- There is scarcely an aspect of life in Salem that has not been touched in a positive way by the Salem Community Foundation over the years. Our community foundation has actively shaped the lives and honored the memories of Salem area residents.
- 2020 Grants: Counseling Center - $25,000, Salem Parks & Recreation - $41,000, Perry Township Police Department - $30,000, United Way Services - $40,000, Salem High School Band - $13,000, Kent State Salem Campus Rural Scholars - $19,500, Head Start Program - $5,000 The Brightside Project - $15,000, and Junior Achievement - $3,000.
- 2019 Grants: Salem Fire Department - $52,518, Grandview Cemetery - $52,365, Salem Historical Society - $65,000, United Way Services - $40,000, Church Women United - $15,000, St. Paul School Scullion Hall - $10,000, Salvation Army - $4,000, and Junior Achievement - $3,000.
- 2018 Grants: Salem Community Center's Center Circle - $245,382, Salem High School Auditorium - $32,598, Salem Quaker City Band - $1,481, Boy Scout Troop #3 - $11,890, Kent State Salem Campus - $51,500, SOD Center - $7,000, Junior Achievement - $3,000, United Way Services - $30,000, Project MKC - $3,120, Salem Chamber of Commerce - $4,675, and Church Women United - $15,000.