Salem Community Foundation celebrates 55 years of making a positive difference!
Thank you for continuing to inspire us to improve the quality of life in the Salem area by
supporting a wide range of outreach programs, projects, and scholarships for 55 years!
- At this time, the Salem Community Foundation is accepting "Applications for Financial Assistance" from local 501(c)(3) organizations. Please call Melissa J. Costa, Grant Coordinator, at the Salem Community Foundation office - 330-332-4021 - before filling out the required Grant Application. There will be limited grants awarded during 2021.
- Congratulations to the 82 Kent State University Salem Campus students receiving the Salem Community Foundation Tuition Grant awards for Spring 2021!
- The deadline to apply for the SCF Tuition Grant Program for: Fall 2021 is Friday, September 10, 2021 Spring 2022 is Friday, January 21, 2022
- Salem Community Foundation's Newsletter and Annual Report may be viewed on the "Publications" tab. If you would like a copy of these publications, please call the Salem Community Foundation office.
- $40,000 was granted to 20 agencies affiliated with United Way Services of Northern Columbiana County. United Way Services "Fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community"!
- Our community foundation has successfully grown to manage 140 charitable funds and distributed over $60 million dollars in grants to assist a variety of non-profit organizations and fund a successful scholarship program.
- There is scarcely an aspect of life in Salem that has not been touched in a positive way by the Salem Community Foundation over the years.
- The Salem Community Foundation has actively shaped the lives and honored the memories of Salem area residents.
- Congratulations to Salem's college students! $70,900 was granted in scholarship dollars to 36 outstanding students for 2021 - 2022 academic year.
- 2021 Grants: The Brightside Project - $15,000, Youth In Philanthropy - $10,000, Salem Junior Baseball League - $7,098, Community Book Grant - $6,000, Banquet in Salem - $3,000, and City of Salem's Fireworks - $1,000.
- 2020 Grants: Counseling Center - $25,000, Salem Parks & Recreation - $41,000, Perry Township Police Department - $30,000, United Way Services - $40,000, Salem High School Band - $13,000, Kent State Salem Campus Rural Scholars - $19,500, Head Start Program - $5,000, The Brightside Project - $15,000, and Junior Achievement - $3,000.
- 2019 Grants: Salem Fire Department - $52,518, Grandview Cemetery - $52,365, Salem Historical Society - $65,000, United Way Services - $40,000, Church Women United - $15,000, St. Paul School Scullion Hall - $10,000, Salvation Army - $4,000, and Junior Achievement - $3,000.
- 2018 Grants: Salem Community Center's Center Circle - $245,382, Salem High School Auditorium - $32,598, Salem Quaker City Band - $1,481, Boy Scout Troop #3 - $11,890, Kent State Salem Campus - $51,500, SOD Center - $7,000, Junior Achievement - $3,000, United Way Services - $30,000, Project MKC - $3,120, Salem Chamber of Commerce - $4,675, and Church Women United - $15,000.