Making a Lasting Impact in the Salem Area
The Foundation makes grants to 501(c)(3) organizations that are currently registered as a State of Ohio charitable organization with the State of Ohio Attorney General's office. Grant applicants must serve people in the Salem area, have an IRS 501(c)(3) designation, and support the areas of arts and humanities, health and human services, public and community services, and education. Grants are provided through endowment funds and support a broad range of needs.
Application For Financial Assistance
The Salem Community Foundation is currently accepting Grant Applications for Financial Assistance.
Please call Brittany M. Maniscalco, Donor Relations Coordinator,
Due date is December 1, 2022 for the January 5, 2023 Grant Screening Committee Meeting.
Due date is March 1, 2023 for the March 23, 2023 Grant Screening Committee Meeting.
Due date is June 1, 2023 for the June 29, 2023 Grant Screening Committee Meeting.
Due date is September 1, 2023 for the September 28, 2023 Grant Screening Committee Meeting.
- Students must be pursuing an associate or first bachelor degree to receive the Kent State Salem Campus Tuition Grant.
- Salem Campus students receive a 20% tuition grant award if they are permanent residents in Salem City, West Branch, South Range, United and Leetonia Village School Districts.
- The deadline to apply for the SCF Tuition Grant Program for Spring 2023 is Friday, January 20, 2023.
- Tuition Grant Application: https://www.kent.edu/columbiana/salem-community-foundation-tuition-grant
- Since 2004, 2,628 students have received the Salem Community Foundation's Kent State Salem Campus Tuition Grant!
- Since the Tuition Grant began in 1998, $1,214,971 has been awarded to Salem Campus students!
- United Way Services of Northern Columbiana County - Supporting Agencies in Northern Columbiana County, $60,000
- The Brightside Project - Back to School Clothing and Shoe Program for Children Living in the Salem City School District, $50,000
- Salem Parks & Recreation - Fitness Circuit at Waterworth Memorial Park, $41,000
- Salem Community Pantry – Renovation and security measures, $32,633
- Perry Township Police Department - Computer Equipment, AEDs, Radios and Body Cameras, $30,000
- Kent State Salem Campus - Rural Scholars Program, $19,500
- Salem High School Band - Band Uniforms and Uniform Bags, $13,000
- Junior Achievement - Programs at Buckeye and Southeast Schools, $9,000
- Salem Community Pantry - Computer System, Personal Hygiene Items, Turkeys, and Canned Goods.
- Salem Police Department - Surveillance Camera Monitor, Educational Toys, and Books for "Stuff A Cruiser"
- Salem Salvation Army - Educational Toys, Books, and Stocking Caps for Local Children
- Salem Public Library - Role-playing Items for the Children's Department and NoveList Computer Program
- Salem High School - Art Display Boards, Art Supplies, Scholastic Book Sets for English Classrooms, Library Books, and Hygiene Products for "Quaker Closet"
- Buckeye Elementary School - Scholastic News Nonfiction Books ~ Animals, Weather, American Symbols, & Community Leaders, Library Books, Sno Cone Machine, and Winter Stocking Caps
- Reilly and Southeast School - Gym Equipment, Field Trip to the Salem Community Theatre to see the play, "Aladdin" and Quaker Reward Closet Items
- St. Paul School - Gym Equipment, Scholastic News Nonfiction Books ~ American Symbols, & Community Leaders Books, and Winter Stocking Caps